Cathleen Cunningam, MA, MPA, LMFT
Psychotherapist San Pedro
Psychotherapist Adults, Children, Families and Couples
Helping you grow and make positive change is what I strive to help you achieve – helping you find the right path and deal with destructive issues that stand in your way. You are one step closer to being a better you. We all grow every day and sometimes we grow in the wrong direction. As your psychotherapist, my goal is to aid you in finding out who you are, how to deal with life’s stresses and help you find a path that promotes well-being and security within yourself.
I specialize in addictions, life transitions, mood disorders and crisis management-helping you better understand what you are going through and teach you how to resolve it in the future. Together, we can work through challenges and negative patterns that have held you back thus far.
I cannot promise to fix you, but to show you how you can begin to fix yourself and put the pieces back together. I can promise to be there for you through these challenges and to give you any extra support and guidance you may need to become a happy healthy you.
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, . INC
Contracted with the Department of Justice, Department of Mental Health, Hollywood City Attorney office and Department of Children and Family Services to perform mental health treatment to parolees, severely mentally ill and court mandated patients.
BAY AREA ADDICTION & RESEARCH TREATMENT
Provided therapeutic intervention services to 50+ clients in conjunction with methadone treatment
GETTING OUT BY GOING IN (GOGI)
- Coordinated and provided community-based substance abuse prevention counseling to teenagers and adults, including the Hillcrest H.S. in Inglewood.
- Provided group counseling to at-risk adolescent schools in inner city high schools.
- Group and weekly individual counseling to incarcerated women housed in Lynwood jail (LA Sheriff). Gender specific group, reentry and seeking safety topics.
Psychological Services Coordinator/Liaison
- Coordinated psychological services with the casting office, productive office and the television producers
- Responsible for administering, scoring and interviewing potential cast members for the following shows: Bachelor I – X; Extreme Makeover, American Princess, Second Chance, Average Joe I-II, Top Designer; Search for the Next Pussycat Dolls
Pepperdine University, W. Los Angeles, CA
Master of Clinical Psychology
(Marriage and Family Emphasis)
Southern Methodist University, Dallas, CA
Master of Public Administration
Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX
Bachelor of Science in Criminology
(Minors: Psychology and Sociology)
License and Certifications:
Licensed Marriage Family Therapist #48917