Couples Therapy South Bay
How is our couples therapy intensive treatment unique?In our couple’s therapy intensive, the Therapist will understand your differences as a couple and as unique individuals.
How often do I have to attend?The treatment is 5 weeks or longer depending on the problems There are 3 sessions a week scheduled. Each individual will be seen individually once a week as well as together as a couple once a week. Each session is 60 minutes.
Why do we have to meet three times a week?The biggest problem in a relationship is communication. So if you are experiencing communication difficulties how will you improve these communicate difficulties one hour a week together? Each individual session has a goal of figuring out what information you want to communicate during your couples time and looking at what barriers have prevented you from communicating such.
Are our individual session details communicated to our partner?Confidentiality will apply to the information communicated during individual time. The “no secrets policy” that you often hear about with couples Therapists does not apply. Ultimately it is the Therapists job to help the individual determine what is in the best interest of his/her relationship versus the Therapists discomfort holding secrets. During your individual time, you will have the opportunity to sort out these difficulties.
What sorts of problems does your intensive couple’s treatment help with?
- Infidelity does not always have to be the end of a relationship. It could be a start of a new beginning.
- Parenting and Co-parenting difficulties.
- Lack of sexual, emotional and physical intimacy.
- Addiction complexities interfering with relationship.
- Recovering sexual intimacy that has been lost for many years in a relationship.
- Mental health complexities interfering with the relationship.
- Values differences.
- Financial problems.
- Mid-life crises and identity crisis of one or both individuals.
- Workaholism and effects on a relationship.
- Divorce – often some intensive work before divorce will help both individuals leave the relationship feeling better about themselves and the journey ahead of them.