How can I tell if I have a problem with food or eating?
Here’s a simple Self Scoring Assessment Tool.
Answer these 6 questions honestly:
- Do you feel like you sometimes lose or have lost control over how you eat?
- Do you ever make yourself sick because you feel uncomfortably full?
- Do you believe yourself to be fat, even when others say you are too thin?
- Does food or thoughts about food dominate your life?
- Do thoughts about changing your body or your weight dominate your life?
- Have others become worried about your eating or weight?
In this informal survey, 2 or more “yes” answers strongly indicate the presence of disordered eating.
Adapted from the Scoff Questionnaire by Morgan, Reid & Lacy-BMJ, 1999.
Meet Our Eating Disorders Specialist